Monday, September 21, 2009

Chocolate Lovers of The World


I love chocolate!!! I enjoy eating it in cake, drinks, and all different types of deserts. In my opinion chocolate makes everything taste better. My topic for my inquiry project is what the “real” effects of chocolate are. Specifically, I want to know what the negative and positive effects of eating chocolate are. In addition, I want to look at what are the different and interesting combinations of chocolate around the world.
Looking at different websites of chocolate I found that some of the effects of chocolate are the following:
• eating chocolate releases endorphins in the brain, which act as pain-relievers,
• eating chocolate boosts one's appetite, but does not cause weight gain,
• the sugar in chocolate may reduce stress and have a calming and pain relieving effect,
• eating chocolate does not give someone acne or other skin eruptions,
• eating chocolate does not trigger migraine headaches,
• eating moderate amounts of chocolate makes one live almost a year longer,
• eating chocolate reduces the risk of heart disease and cancer.

I found that information in the following link:
http://www.acu-cell.com/choc.html
Other information about the effects and research on chocolate can also be found on that link.
The site provided real insight of the effects of chocolate that many believe true but have proven not to be. Specifically, these facts are supported by unprocessed chocolate. Once chocolate is processed, such as, milk chocolate then other ingredients added which can add the secondary effects of chocolate. Many of us eat milk chocolate, which is why we have all these believe of what chocolate can do to people.

At this point I want to find what other studies have been conducted on chocolate and I need
To move forward with the second part of m inquiry which is to find interesting combinations of Chocolate with other foods? For example, I have always heard of "mole" which comes from Mexico. Mole is a Mexican recipe that includes chocolate and poultry. Also, Mexico is the place where chocolate was invented. Chocolate was the welcoming food given to the Spaniards from the Aztecs before the Spaniards decided to take over the civilization.
Hershey’s is one of the leading chocolate makers in the United States. As I went to their website I was able to go on a virtual tour of the entire process of how chocolate is made.
http://www.hersheys.com/discover/tour_video.asp I learned that making chocolate is actually an international process. The cocoa bean only comes from tropical climates. Even though the website explains the entire process of how to make chocolate I wonder what are the ingredients that are not mentioned that make milk chocolate to have more side effects of unprocessed chocolate.




Listen to this song and watch the video along with it from Charlie and Chocolate Factory http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMIi5w2YlKY&feature=related






No comments:

Post a Comment